We're On The Move!ABM Equipment in Hopkins, MN is Hiring.
Be a part of a team that strives on a culture of excellence, innovation, inclusiveness, and dedication. Serving the Midwest since 1980, ABM is one of the Midwest’s most diversified equipment distributors. We distribute a variety of hydraulic truck equipment and products for the utility, construction, municipal and refuse industries.
Now Hiring – Director of Finance
ABM’s Director of Finance position is a change maker. This critical role provides strategic financial direction to the President. As the company is experiencing record sales growth under new ownership and leadership this position will play a pivotal role by leading and overseeing all financial, accounting, human resource, and IT activities with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong leadership.
What Does the Director of Finance Position Entail?
Accounting and Finance:
- Oversee the finance and accounting operations of the company.
- Prepare and publish accurate and timely financial statements, in compliance with appropriate GAAP standards.
- Perform financial analysis, providing actionable information to be used in decision making by company leadership.
- Assist in the development of KPI’s and scorecards, measuring performance across the organization.
- Update and implement efficient processes.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing, accounts receivable, payroll, fixed assets, account reconciliation, and cost accounting.
- Act as the overseer of the ERP system (Sage), ensuring the accuracy of data, the efficient use of system features, and the leveraging system capabilities.
- Interface with outside CPA firm, banks, service providers, and casualty/liability insurance broker.
- Develop and manage the company’s budgeting/planning process.
- Evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, and capital expenditures.
- Develop, manage, and document internal controls and safeguards designed to protect company assets, being alert to situations that could invite fraud.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Maintain compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Manage the company benefits program, including enrollment, renewals, and administration.
- 401(k) administration.
- Policy development, documentation, and communication.
Information Technology (IT)
- Help guide the technological direction of the organization.
- Oversee network security.
- Ensure the reliability, efficiency, and maintenance of the company’s computer systems.
- Manage the relationship with outside resources as well as telecommunication carriers and providers.
- Assist in determining the company’s computer needs, creating project budgets, and working with senior management to put the necessary resources in place.
- Provide clear direction to office support team including the Accounts Payable/HR Specialist and Accounts Receivables/Billing Specialist. Manage, coach and develop team to implement change and build a continuous improvement mindset.
What does the ideal candidate possess?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ years’ experience in a progressive fiscal management role, preferably in a small company manufacturing environment.
- Experience in EOS
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP (5 years preferred).
- Strong IT skills and in-depth understanding of ERP systems and business processes
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence.
- Exceptional analytical, reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and presentations skills.
- Customer focused, action-oriented and self-motivated.
- Focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates good judgment, creativity, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion.
What is the work environment?
- Fast-paced office environment with exposure to the production shop area occasionally.
- Weekday office hours.
Now Hiring – Project Estimator
An Estimator for ABM Equipment plays a critical role in supporting the Sales team by preparing accurate quotes for projects; gathering information from various sources, analyzing customer requirements, and conducting cost assessments to increase profitability of the project builds.
What Does the Estimator Position Entail?
Here are some of the essential duties of the position
- Set priorities by preparing works to be accomplished by gathering requirements and information from various sources.
- Collect different quotes from vendors and suppliers for developing a proposal for the Sales department.
- Analyzes customer requests with engineering, operations, and sales to determine build complexity.
- Collaborates cross-departmentally, including management, to gather project requirements and specifications; ensures cost estimates align with quality, industry, and compliance standards and specifications by the company
- Reviews and assesses cost estimates with the Sales Manager before presentation to the Sales team.
- Stays informed of changes in pricing, regulations, and technologies that may impact project costs; monitors vendor pricing using online tools and software packages (ERP). Utilizes industry-standard software and tools to
- Outlines the scope of work, cost breakdown, and project timelines in proposals to the Sales department.
- Analyzes historical data to identify labor, material, costs, and time requirements by researching prior proposals, blueprints, and any related documents to ensure the accuracy of estimates.
- Maintains detailed records of cost estimates, project specifications, and relevant documentation for historical reference.
- Prepares detailed cost estimate reports per project for analysis to monitor actual costs versus estimated costs.
- Conducts regular job cost assessments with management for profitability and Continuous Improvement; identifies and communicates potential cost overruns or savings opportunities.
- Ensures regulatory compliance and requirements to complete state bids and contracts.
- Addresses Sales inquiries and provides additional information as needed.
- Creates quote templates in the CRM, updates CRM as required, and provides management detailed reports on quote status.
- Collaborates with the Procurement Manager on purchase orders, tracking orders, and logging information in the CRM.
- Builds and maintains healthy relationships with key vendors, suppliers, clients, all ABM team members, etc.
To be successful in this role –
- Possess an aptitude for highly detailed work including critical analysis, problem-solving and mathematical skills
- Excellent communicator in a fast-paced environment while multi-tasking
- Manages time effectively to prioritize projects, inquiries, and data management
- Proficient in relevant software with the aptitude to learn and use multiple computer systems (Microsoft applications, CRM, ERP, etc.)
- Ability to learn the industry products, compliance standards, vendors, and suppliers quickly
Educational and/or Experience –
- This position does not require a formal degree or certificate to qualify however, post-high school education is preferred. A high school diploma or equivalent is required. 3+ years of related experience is strongly preferred.
- Supervisory Responsibilities –
- This position does not require the supervision of staff working at ABM Equipment, LLC.
- Physical Demands –
Employees will be required to work in the ABM office Monday – Friday. Sitting or standing at a computer for 90% or more daily. Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Work Environment –
Employees will be working in a fast-paced office environment with exposure to the production shop area occasionally. Noise levels are generally low to moderate; hearing and eye protection may be advised at times
while in the shop.
Now Hiring – Heavy Equipment Service Technician
ABM Equipment is looking for a Heavy Equipment Service Technician to join an industry leading team in Hopkins, MN. This position provides technicians an opportunity to repair and maintain customer equipment as well as install new equipment serving the utility, construction, and municipal industries.
What Does the Technician Position Entail?
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Experience with similar-type equipment
- Experience and/or educational background related to mechanics, electronics, or hydraulic systems.
- Solid troubleshooting fundamentals with mechanical, hydraulic and/or electrical systems
- Strong customer service and safety focused mindset
- Solid computer and shop math skills
- Ability to interpret blueprints, drawings and work orders
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Ability work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team-based, safety focused workplace
- Strong reliability, initiative and positive attitude
- Willingness and eagerness to meet and exceed deadlines and goals while learning and growing in a fast paced, team-focused environment.
- Complete repairs on customer equipment in a timely manner
- Build knowledge of dealer supported product lines, service standards, and procedures
- Keep current of all changes in various models of equipment sold and serviced by the distributor
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy
- Test equipment when repairs are complete to ensure proper operation
- Responsible for operating heavy equipment and trucks in a safe manner
- Employee will be working in a fast-paced environment that will require minimal PPE.
- Noise levels are moderate and hearing protection maybe be advised at times.
- Employee will also perform some of the functions of the position in an office environment where noise levels are low.
- Employee will be required to traverse in a mechanical shop environment, sit for approximately 25% and stand/walk for 75% of the day.
- Must be able to lift at least 75 lbs.
- Ability to stoop, bend, squat and kneel above and under equipment.
Educational and/or Experience:
- This position does not require a formal degree or certificate to qualify. A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 2+ years related experience providing mechanical service is strongly preferred.
- Must pass pre-employment background, drug and driving
Shift & Salary
- Full-Time Monday to Friday
- 8-Hour Day Shift
- Competitive Wages & Salary
- Paid Uniforms & Tool Allowance
Bringing You The Best People & Names In The Business
ABM has been in business for over 40 years and has developed an outstanding reputation with leading OEMs & suppliers. We respect the hard work of others and reward colleagues for their efforts and dedication to the overall company mission.
ABM Employee Benefits:
- Comprehensive benefits program, including health care (medical & dental)
- 401k and retirement plan with company match
- On the job & industry training
- Paid time off and holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health savings account
- Basic life insurance & short-term disability
- Paid Uniforms & Tool Allowance
About ABM Equipment
Since 1980 ABM Equipment & Supply has been providing custom truck equipment to the electric utility, construction, municipal and refuse industries. We offer a large selection of new and used equipment which include aerial lifts, digger derricks, knuckle boom cranes, boom trucks, forestry loaders, truck mounted forklifts, street sweepers, hydro excavators, vacuum trucks, winches, air compressors, service bodies, refuse trucks and all related accessories.
Be a part of a team that strives on a culture of excellence, innovation, inclusiveness, and Dedication.